Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Vintage Sheet Quilt FINISH!

Well I did get a quilt finished this week. I didn't think it was going to happen but I just had to finish it. We are taking our vacation Tomorrow!!! I need to take this quilt with me because we are going to the mountains and I am told it will be a lot colder than down here in the sunshine state! 

Believe me we need a vacation after working on my husbands new shop and my new quilt studio. Woo Hoo Yes you read that right he is putting me a NEW quilt studio in his new shop. I am beyond exited!! It will take us some time because we are doing most of the work ourselves. But I have no doubt it will happen. So here is a picture tutorial of what I have been up to.


This is such a soft quilt I am in love with it. If you follow me on instagram you know my husband is too. LOL


I love this sheet that I bound it with. I did have to cut it on the bias to get it to look this way.


I used one of my many decorative stitches on my machine on the binding. I plan to use this quilt a lot so I turned the binding to the front and stitched it down.




I made my own label. I found this method on Pintrest you can see it on my board labeled crafts HERE




Sorry this picture is blurry it is the back of the label. 


This is the back of the quilt with this beautiful daisy sheet.

Now I will show you what else we have been doing.


This is Darren's little shop before.


We had someone remove the siding.


We hired a contractor to put a pole barn over the shop he has to much equipment to store anywhere else.








The contractor is done now it's our turn.


This is the end my studio will be on.


All framed up for the concrete. 



We got most of the medal siding on.



Again this is the end my Quilt Studio will be on. Above where I will park my car. Now you can see why I am ready for my vacation!

I will try to keep you all in the loop this week with our vacation but the best way to follow along is on instagram. 

Linking up with:
Meg and Heather for Fabric Tuesday @ Quilt Story

Hugs and best stitches to you,
a.k.a. Mrs. Sew & Sew


4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful and your new shop/studio is going to amazing! Hope you have a great vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt, of course, but I am beyond excited for you in getting a new sewing studio! Wow!!! It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt turned out great. I love all the stitches you did. That is awesome getting a new sewing studio. My husband and I talk about what y'all are doing. But so far it is all talk. lol.
    Hope you have a wonderful vacation.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Quilt, Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Just remember let's all play nice. ;)