Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday #2

Hello friends today is Thankful Thursday.




Today I would like to tell you about a very special person that I am Thankful for.

My Husband Darren. Darren is the man God made just for me. He is my help meet! Next Wednesday on the 9th we will have been married for 21 years. Darren is a very hard working man and provides for our family above and beyond anything you have ever seen. As I am typing this right now Darren is off at work. I can hear the crew outside that he hired to build him a new shop. But, when he hired them I had no idea of his plans. I just thought that he was building a bigger shop. But one day while he was drawing his plans out he told me "when I get this built I want you to have a Quilt Studio up stairs in my shop." I said babe I can't just quilt anywhere. He said don't worry it will be heated and cooled. I said o.k. lets see where this goes. So off we are going on another adventure. 

But just to make sure you hear me:



He is the one for me and my very best friend that sticks with me no matter what!


This was after our wedding on October 9, 1992

I just still can't get over how handsome he is and that he asked me to marry him. sigh....




The photographer wanted me to strike this pose, that's our marriage license.  

I still get these little tingles when he call's me on the phone or right before I see him when he is coming home from work. This just about sums it up for me.


Now let me tell you I am not saying that our marriage has always been hearts and flowers we have had some rocky places too.  That brings me to....

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails....



2007 Bristol Tennessee 


Chattanooga, Tennessee 2011



Pigeon Forge, Tennessee 2012


Pigeon Forge Tennessee 2012

If you haven't noticed we like Tennessee. We are going back in about two weeks for another anniversary trip. This time to Tennessee for a while and then to North Carolina. 

If I could tell you anything about being thankful for my husband I would tell you this. He loves me the way Jesus does and I am thankful for that and thankful for him and to him for putting up with me. LOL 

I hope you have a great rest of your week. Now tell me what your thankful for!

NOTE
I would like to thank Amy over at A Quilting Sheep for taking time out of her busy schedule to design my new logo for Thankful Thursday. Thank You Amy! 

I hope to have my button up and posted soon so keep an eye on my side bar for the button you can grab. :)

Hugs and best stitches to you,

a.k.a. Mrs. Sew & Sew


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! Happy anniversary! My husband and I celebrated 14 years in August...where does the time go. I am thankful that through it all we are still best friends and he still loves to make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband's smile, or lack there of, is funny. He has the same look in every picture. I bet he is a hoot. :) Congratulations. Y'all are a sweet couple.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Just remember let's all play nice. ;)