Saturday, September 23, 2017

Encouragement Via a Podcast

Hey there, I'm glad you stopped by.

I really enjoyed our Bible Study Class on Thursday night. From what I can tell by the comments I have received you seem to have enjoyed yourself too! 

I thought I would write up a post on some of the Podcasts that I listen to so you all can see if you would like to listen too. So here we go!

(don't let the Titles of these Podcasts fool you)


My all time favorite Podcast is:


  • "The Marriage Mentor Podcast"
Hosted by, Eric and Jolene Engle
The Website for the Podcast is Here 
Do you want a better marriage? Join Eric and Jolene Engle as they give practical and biblical advice for common marital concerns. You'll find real life questions answered with biblical truth.
Her website is a Must visit for any wife. Don't worry she also addresses Single Women as well. 
And by all means Eric and Jolene don't leave the husbands out either you can visit Eric's website that has a tab just for husbands you can find it here: ericandjolene.com


Some other podcasts that I like are:


  • "The Busy Mom Podcast"
Hosted by Heidi St. John
The website for the podcast is Here
Author and speaker Heidi St. John brings encouraging, relevant, Biblical truth to women. Heidi releases episodes anywhere from 2 to 3 times a week so she has a lot of episodes. She also just started Mailbox Monday where she answers or address a listener question. 


  • "Feathers: Faith in Flight"
Hosted by Amy J. Bennett 
Amy's website is Here
However Amy has moved the podcast to it's own website here: http://abidingministries.net/
"Feathers" is now a part of Amy's ministry called Abiding Ministries 
Feathers is the podcast I was talking about in class on Thursday night. It was Season 7 Episode 3 if you would like to listen.


  • "Cultivating the Lovely"
Hosted by MacKenzie Monroe

MacKenzie's website Here
Pouring the labor, care and study into the roles that God has given us as wives, moms, women, homemakers and His children.


Those are the ones I listen to the most and the ones I think you will find more about marriage and family related content on.
However here are some more christian pod-casters that I listen to.




  • "The Happy Hour"
Hosted by Jamie Ivey
Jamie's website is Here
Jamie loves to connect with women and encourage them as they journey through life.  


  • "God Centered Mom Podcast"
Hosted by Heather MacFadyen
Heather's website is Here
Heather is a mom to four boy's, so she understands the wild ride. In this podcast she interviews guests about staying God-centered in a shaky mom world. Reminding us of our position--centered in God's presence and love.


  • "Inspired to Action"
Hosted by Kat Lee
Kat's website is Here
It's like a little pep talk for Mom's. You're a mom. You're totally a big deal.


  • "Mom Struggling Well"
Hosted by Emily Thomas
Emily's website is Here
It's not ALL about kids or sadness. It's funny too.


  • "The Homemaking Foundations Podcast"
Hosted by Jami Balmet
Jami's website is https://youngwifesguide.com/
Helping you craft a Gospel-Centered Home.

Anddddddd new "kid" on the podcasting block is:


  • "Chatologie"
Hosted by Angie Elkins
Angie's website is Here
Angie chats with a special guest for about an hour, and hears how God has made a difference in their stories.


By the way I do listen to other podcastes the "just for fun" ones. But they all have to do with crafting, sewing or scrapbooking so I will forgo listing them here.

You can listen to these podcasts directly from their respective webpages or you can download them onto your device like I do. I hope some of these podcasts give you inspiration or answer some unanswered question you might have on a particular topic.




One last thing.

This is a Photo of a illustration I was going to show you in class on Thursday but I was talking way too much and we ran out of time. Our verse last week Ecclesiastes 4:12b It is a great example of "Frayed" verses "Braided" wifestyles that Jen talked about in the book. This visual helped me a lot! 


I hope you have a great week and I hope to see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Just remember let's all play nice. ;)